Every year, the celebration of International Women’s Day puts a spotlight on the positive impacts of women worldwide, highlighting achievements and strides made against inequality. In 2017, the theme is Be Bold for Change, and the movement calls on all people to be aware of what they can do locally, regionally, nationally, and globally to help further the cause of women. Events on March 8 will celebrate the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women, as well as challenge everyone to take action in their own way.
This is a wonderful opportunity to recognize the women – and men – in your life who are changing the world for the better every day.
* The student excelling in school, learning all she can in order to success in her chosen profession.
* The teacher instructing those students and reinforcing pride, strength, capability, and achievement
* The Mom raising children to be aware of others and teaching them to treat everyone with dignity
* The professional taking strides to empower women in the workplace and shatter traditional obstacles.
* The activist standing for the persecuted women of the world, and the women who are strong in the midst.
* The men who stand up to speak out against injustice, and take a stand against the abuse of women
* The advocates, lawyers, and civilians who stand in the legal system with the women fighting for justice.
As is often the case these days, International Women’s Day has its own hashtag – so if you are involved in any events or related causes, make sure to tell the world by posting #BeBoldForChange on your social media accounts.
As you celebrate the strong women in your life and advocate for change, let them know you are thinking of them and standing with them. Looking for flowers that stand for strength of character and courage? Ask our experts about the gladiolus and the protea plants, and create an arrangement that reflects her power and confidence. Ah Sam Florist of San Mateo salutes the women across the globe who stand up to be heard.